If you truly want to become an Opay agent here in Nigeria, then you may have unanswered questions in your mind like:
Do I need to register a business name?
What is the commission chat?
How much capital do you need to be an Opay agent in Nigeria?
All these questions are very important and also require a well-explained answer to enable you get started on the right track.
Becoming an Opay agent is one of the easiest ways to make money in Nigeria. And the beauty of it all is that you can actually get the Opay POS machine within a short time.
What is Opay all About?
Opay is a payment medium created and governed by opera mini software.
It was formulated to facilitate its users to pay bills, transfer and receive payments, do shopping, pay for other products and services through the app or mobile web browser known as opera mini.
Opay is one of the best online payment and transaction platforms in Nigeria. It is specifically built to work effectively on android. Opay can be used to make payments for almost all daily activities, transportation, food and grocery, service payment, etc.
How Do You Become an Opay Agent?
Step 1: Online Registration
Visit Opay’s official website.
You are to confirm if you are an existing mobile money agent or not?
Other information that will be requested on the website is your personal data which includes name, phone number, email address, and location. Ensure you fill in your active phone number and a valid email address.
Click the Sign-up button below the form.
Wait for Opay to contact you.
While waiting for Opay to contact you, it is necessary to prepare the following documents:
- Your bank verification number (BVN)
- Copy of national ID card, driver’s license or international passport
- A utility or any dated bill no later than three months before the registration as evidence of your address
- One passport photo
Step 2: App Installation
Download Opay official mobile app: you have to download the opera Opay app on Play Store. The below steps can be adopted in downloading the right opay app on the play store on your mobile phone.
Launch your Google play store app
Search for Opay using the search bar
Ensure you see a similar logo and app by Opay digital services limited.
Install the app and open.
Select your country, and enter your phone number. You will get a message with a one-time access code; don’t bother on filling the one-time access code, as your phone will automatically synchronize with Opay if the phone number filled in the previous step is in the phone you are using to register. If your SIM card is on a different phone, input the code manually.
Click next to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Filling the Form
Tap on becoming an Opay agent,
Then a form will be shown to you. Complete the about you form correctly.
You will get to a new page to set up your PIN. This is a secret access code you will use to accessing or completing transactions. The format of the PIN will be stated. Click on create a PIN.
Go to your email address which you have filled in your form. Verify the message sent to you by Opay on mail. A thank you message will pop up which means you’re done with your registration process.
Step 4: Acquisition of Necessary Materials
Before this stage, Opay should have contacted you, since it doesn’t take much time for that to happen. You are to meet them and finalize all registration process and also get your POS machine and other available materials for the business. You should get the guidelines on how to use the device for your business and how to serve your customers well. Also, know that the POS and other materials are given out freely once you have completed the registration process.
Step 5. Get Started
Now, you can start providing services as well as making money and growing your business.
Benefits as an Opay Mobile Agent.
Everyone desires financial freedom; you get to enjoy numerous benefits as an Opay agent. They include the following:
- Opera pay will give you POS for free, as an agent you don’t have to pay for it.
- You register with zero amounts.
- Zero charges for all your transactions, ranging from airtime recharges, electricity bills, cable TV subscriptions, cash transfer and withdrawal.
- Enjoy 0.5% on all POS withdrawals
- As an Opay agent, you will enjoy quick settlement and cash withdrawal from your wallet.
- You earn a commission from your transactions.
- Opay’s agents get quick customer service feedback.
Opay’s Agent Commission
The commission is the percentage of money paid you for the transaction you carry out on the Opay mobile app.
You earn money when you provide the following services to customers
- Withdrawals and deposits
- Bill payments
- Airtime and data purchase
- Referring people to use Opay
Opay’s Agent Requirements
There are certain requirements you will need to become an Opay agent.
- Ability to read and write: the most important requirement for any person desiring to be an Opay agent must be able to read, write and communicate.
- You will be required to provide the following documents: means of identification, passport, utility bills, and CAC documents (optional)
- Your ability to have good customer-skill is important: customer relations skills will be an important skill in becoming an Opay agent.
- You must have a location you intend to use for business: a smaller or medium size shop will be required for customer base contact.
- Good android device with an internet connection: an active phone that can also access the internet is an important requirement as most of Opay activities can be done on the phone.
Features of Opay App
To become an agent to Opay, first-hand knowledge of all activities on its app should be known. The Opay app is one app for all opera services. Here are some jobs an Opay agent can do on the Opay app.
- Buy airtime: you can buy airtime for your mobile phone and other people. The supported networks presently are MTN, Glo, 9mobile, and Airtel.
- Buy data: data plan can be purchased for any mobile phone network Opay app supports.
- Electricity bill: You can also pay electricity bills via Opay app. They make payments to the distribution companies (discos) supported by Abuja, Eko, Ikeja, Kano, Ibadan, and Port Harcourt.
- Subscribe to pay TV: you can subscribe to satellite and terrestrial pay TV series like DSTV, GOTV, and Startimes.
- Order Food Delivery: you can order food on the app from local restaurants near you. If you are unable or don’t wish to go through the stress of queuing to get your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, Opay app can receive food orders and the food will be delivered to you.
- Transfer Money: you can transfer money to other Opay users or to a bank account and also receive money from a bank account or other Opay’s account to your own account.
- Pay and receive by QR: this is a new service that will enable you to pay for goods and services conveniently at physical locations and bricks and mortar stores.
- Get quick loan: using the Okash service, you can get a quick short term loan.
- Make an investment: Owealth offers a 10% annual rate on your investment. If you are an investor in search of where to invest your money, then Opay app provides such services that give an annual rate.
- Fund your betting account: you can fund your betting account on Opay. Sport betting services currently supported on Opay include nairabet, bet9ja, supabets, and cloudbet.
- Build an online presence: Oleads is a service that enables you to build a website in minutes. It is a very easy, fast, and affordable way to build an online presence for your business.
- List your products and services: Olist is a classified ads site that enables you to post ads about your business. It helps you advertise and promote your business.